[llvm-dev] Debug information with clang-cl on Windows

Alexandre Ganea via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 10 12:02:09 PST 2021

De : Alexandre Ganea
Envoyé : March 10, 2021 3:02 PM
À : 'Tobias Hieta' <tobias at plexapp.com>; Adrian McCarthy <amccarth at google.com>; 'James Henderson' <jh7370.2008 at my.bristol.ac.uk>
Objet : RE: [llvm-dev] Debug information with clang-cl on Windows

DExTer can probably help bisecting to the specific optimization pass(es) that cause the debug infos to be omitted? https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2018-August/125780.html

+James.

De : llvm-dev <llvm-dev-bounces at lists.llvm.org<mailto:llvm-dev-bounces at lists.llvm.org>> De la part de Tobias Hieta via llvm-dev
Envoyé : March 10, 2021 2:26 PM
À : Adrian McCarthy <amccarth at google.com<mailto:amccarth at google.com>>
Cc : llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org<mailto:llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>>

Hello,

Thanks for your reply!

Is it possible to disable optimisations with clang-cl and see if that makes a difference?

I will also try to build with clang 12 instead and see if there is any improvement.

Happy to try to reproduce or fix the issue - but I am unfamiliar with this debug info on windows and how to even start looking into it, any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,
Tobias.