[llvm-dev] Debug information with clang-cl on Windows

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 9 14:46:17 PST 2021

I would guess there's no one bug here - debug info quality
(specifically/especially the location of variables when compiling with
optimizations enabled) is a long tail/sliding scale of issues. LLVM is, on
the whole, not spectacular at this - a matter of bugs to fix, some
small/simple, others more systemic/representational.

If you're interested in contributing to this work - generally the first
step is to isolate the problem - first thing you can do is if you have some
experience dumping/examining debug info in object files, you can
dump/examine the relevant object files then try to reduce/remove code from
the relevant objects, etc, to see what the minimal example is that'll make
it easier to figure out how to fix.