[llvm-dev] Applying for GSoC 2021(Fuzzing LLVM-IR Passes)

Florian Hahn via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 8 13:34:52 PST 2021

> On Mar 8, 2021, at 20:26, John Regehr via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Hi folks, an angle related to IR fuzzing that I would be happy to help out with is using Alive2 as a test oracle.
>
> Using Alive2 incurs a set of problems (not all IR features supported, can be very slow) but has corresponding advantages (considers all inputs at once, handles UB gracefully).

If anyone’s interested in combing LLVM’s libFuzzer & Alive2, I’ve put up https://reviews.llvm.org/D96654 which uses Alive2 to verify candidates generated by fuzzing. It works out quite well, but I think there’s lots of potential to improve the ‘interestingness’ of the IR generated by libFuzzer.

Cheers,
Florian