[llvm-dev] Outreachy - Mentors and projects needed (deadline extended!)

Stefanos Baziotis via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Mar 7 15:24:48 PST 2021

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on this, I just learned about it.
I would like to ask some questions since this program seems very
interesting and I'm trying to promote it in my university.

1) Was the deadline extended only for LLVM-related projects or in general?
2) If it was extended in general, then I should mention that a student
tried to apply using "Start Initial Application" here [1]
and they were notified that the applications are closed. So, should we wait
for them to update it on Outreachy's website?
3) Down at the bottom here [2], the procedure described is lengthy and in
fact Outreachy themselves mention that:
"we highly encourage applicants to start their application at least 2-3
weeks before the Outreachy application deadline."
If applicants are interested, is it really feasible for them to apply?

Best,
Stefanos

[1] https://www.outreachy.org/apply/project-selection/
[2] https://www.outreachy.org/apply/

Στις Κυρ, 7 Μαρ 2021 στις 9:39 μ.μ., ο/η Tanya Lattner via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> έγραψε: