[llvm-dev] Can't call setTypeAction() on ValueTypeActions in a derived class from the TargetLoweringBase class

Alex Susu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Mar 7 09:21:46 PST 2021

   Hello.
     I don't have a register class for my target for the f16 type (neither for the i32
type). What I do is actually emulate the LLVM IR operations for the f16 type in my back
end class that inherits the SelectionDAGISel class.
     However, for everything to work OK I have to give:
       getValueTypeActions().setTypeAction(MVT::f16, TypeLegal));

     Now maybe I can give a different LegalizeTypeAction like TypePromoteFloat instead of
TypeLegal. But then I need to have as I said in the previous email the possibility to call:
       getValueTypeActions().setTypeAction(MVT::f16, TypeLegal));
     But this call is no longer possible in the latest LLVM. And this issue seems wrong to me.

   Thank you,
     Alex