[llvm-dev] Compiler support in libc++

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 3 17:33:49 PST 2021

Am Mi., 3. März 2021 um 13:18 Uhr schrieb Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>:
> That's a good point:
>  - stage1: build just clang with host clang-8/libstdc++
> - stage1.5: build libc++ with stage1 clang
> - stage 2: assemble toolchain with clang from stage1 and libc++ from stage2
> - stage3: build test "anything" using stage2 (`ninja check-all` in the monorepo for example, but applicable to any other external project)

Stage 1.5 is exactly what cmake
-DLLVM_ENABLE_RUNTIMES=libcxxabi;libcxx should do.

When I last looked at it, it did work and haven't noticed work on that
front. However, I just re-tried and it actually does work. Thanks to
anyone who fixed it ;-)

Michael