[llvm-dev] Patch for LLVM-C?

Armin Hamar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 24 10:56:41 PDT 2021

Hello 👋🏻

I have a little problem with the current llvm-c version it seems like it is not possible to use it correctly?

The reason is that byval and sret seem to require a type attribute which can’t be created in the C api. Someone already wrote a fix for it and that is already in the main repo but it didn’t make it into llvm12. This wasn’t a real problem with llvm11 but now is at it seems to be required for functions to actually work.

This is the commit that allows one to make these TypeAttributes:
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/commit/528f6f7d617757addac9b51dd5bcc1ab1352e9be

My request is now to add this as a patch to llvm-c for version 12 if this can be done quicker than a new llvm version (e.g 13). The commit also doesn’t edit anything that’s already there but just adds new functions for type attributes. Almost seems like it slipped under the radar.

Best regards,
Armin Hamar