[llvm-dev] [DWARF] using simplified template names

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 23 13:14:04 PDT 2021

>> Oh, is there any consequence for deduplication in LTO?  Isn’t that name-based?
> Should be OK - that's based on the fully mangled/linkage name of the type, which would be untouched by this.

I’ve recently been reminded that type-unit signatures are hashes of the name, not using the standard-recommended algorithm of hashing the content; I tried to work out which name is actually used, but it’s buried deeper than I am comfortable excavating.  Can we make sure that hash is using either the name-with-parameters, or the linkage name, as the input string?  We don’t want “foo<int>” and “foo<float>” using the same type-unit signature!
--paulr