[llvm-dev] Adding libcall support for Rust's new vector math library

Jacob Lifshay via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 21 19:58:13 PDT 2021

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 1:49 AM Neil Henning via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Not sure if I fully understand the question - but for our Burst HPC#
> compiler we just:
>
>    - create our own TargetLibraryInfo
>
> From what I can see in D53927, we'd probably want to modify the existing
TargetLibraryInfo rather than create a new one, since we are trying to get
support into upstream LLVM rather than having to cram more stuff into
rustc's LLVM glue code (which we're trying to upstream to LLVM as much as
possible) and modifying the existing TargetLibraryInfo looks like what
would work best.

Thanks everyone!

Jacob