[llvm-dev] TBAA

Victor Yodaiken via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 18 09:00:59 PDT 2021

I would think that in a language like C, the role of the optimizer should
be to do optimizations that are difficult or impossible or time consuming
for the programmer.
My concern is that TBAA has a trade-off in terms of the complexity of the
language for the programmer so I'd like to know if the tradeoff is really
worth it.
BTW: the programmer based hoisting does not depend on the type of bound
being different from the types off arr - so it is more robust.

vy