[llvm-dev] PathProfiler in LLVM

Shivam Gupta via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jun 12 07:50:58 PDT 2021

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 11:37 PM Sumit Lahiri via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am involved in a project where I need to have the functionality of the
> PathProfiler that used to be a part of an earlier version of LLVM. I have
> provided a link to the code I am referring to.
>

> https://opensource.apple.com/source/lldb/lldb-159/llvm/lib/Transforms/Instrumentation/PathProfiling.cpp.auto.html
>
> This code for PathProfiler.cpp has been removed from LLVM since then.
>
> - Can this be added back with some modifications into the current LLVM
> source?

It seems Ball-Larus path profiling was removed
<https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/commit/ea564946251eb425fafde97e6398ec52a9ff6bf8>
in 2013 due to lack of maintenance. If you explain your use case or project
details or send an RFC, domain experts might tell if the modified work is
accepted or not in the LLVM source tree.

- What other options can I explore if adding it is not an option? (Any