[llvm-dev] Outreachy dcoumentation project

Pooja Yadav via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 11 02:38:11 PDT 2021

Thanks a lot for your suggestions @Daniel, it helped a lot.

> I'm not sure what you mean for this one. The index currently links to
> GenericOpcode.html in this section:
> https://llvm.org/docs/GlobalISel/index.html#design-and-implementation-reference

Sorry, my bad.  I meant to say that we can add
https://llvm.org/docs/GlobalISel/index.html link to this page:
https://llvm.org/docs/CodeGenerator.html#introduction-to-selectiondags just
as a reference for other instruction Selectors.

 You mean the bit about using std::function? I did some work towards this
> fairly recently but I haven't got it working yet. The main problem is that
> calling LegalizerHelper methods from LegalizerInfo without some kind of
> indirection (like the LegalizerAction enum provides) is tricky. We're
> currently cheating a bit with custom rules as their implementation is in
> the LegalizerInfo which was meant to describe what needs to happen, rather
> than exactly how to do it.

Okk. Thanks!