[llvm-dev] PathProfiler in LLVM

Sumit Lahiri via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 10 21:25:27 PDT 2021

Hi,

I am involved in a project where I need to have the functionality of the
PathProfiler that used to be a part of an earlier version of LLVM. I have
provided a link to the code I am referring to.

https://opensource.apple.com/source/lldb/lldb-159/llvm/lib/Transforms/Instrumentation/PathProfiling.cpp.auto.html

This code for PathProfiler.cpp has been removed from LLVM since then.

- Can this be added back with some modifications into the current LLVM
source?
- What other options can I explore if adding it is not an option? (Any
default profiler in LLVM that does this?)

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks & Regards

Sumit Lahiri
PhD. Research Scholar