[llvm-dev] Compiling linux with `clang -fbasic-block-sections=labels`

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 7 22:39:24 PDT 2021

BB sections has only been tested/implemented with a fairly narrow set of
flags so far as I know, and is sufficiently novel that various features
won't interact correctly with it without some work to support the
combination of bb sections and those features.

I'd /guess/ BPF, for instance, probably doesn't work with BB sections out
of the box & may require some work (like some work was needed to support BB
sections with DWARF) - I believe BPF is mandatory/used by default when
building the Linux kernel? So maybe that's what's being tripped over here.
But could something else entirely - that's just my first guess.