[llvm-dev] [RFC] Introducing a byte type to LLVM

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jun 6 11:57:48 PDT 2021

Perhaps a small concrete example of the GVN (or otherwise, if there
are smaller examples in other optimizations) transformation that you
find to be invalid - showing how it's important for integers, and
invalid for pointers (smallest example that manifests that invalidity
in an observable way) might help ground the conversation a bit.