[llvm-dev] Outreachy 2021 intern at LLVM

Sushma Unnibhavi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 3 01:15:03 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I am an Outreachy intern at LLVM and I will be working on implementing
GlobaliSel for M68k backend. I have wired up globalisel for M68k up to
the point where we can select return void. But M68k is big endian and
globalisel doesn't support big endian.

I have created a test case to test  my implementation:

; RUN: llc -mtriple=m68k -global-isel -stop-after=irtranslator < %s |
FileCheck %s

; CHECK: name: f
; CHECK: RTS
define void @f() {
  ret void
}

But I get an error:

LLVM ERROR: unable to translate in big endian mode (in function: f)

How do I convert this error into a warning?