[llvm-dev] Questions About LLVM Test Suite: Time Units, Re-running benchmarks

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 19 15:25:06 PDT 2021

Am Mo., 19. Juli 2021 um 14:47 Uhr schrieb Stefanos Baziotis
<stefanos.baziotis at gmail.com>:
> For example, the only reason that it seems that MultiSource/ use
> seconds is just because I ran a bunch of them manually (and because
> some outputs saved by llvm-lit, which measure in seconds, match
> the numbers on JSON).
>
> If we know the unit of time per test case (or per X grouping of tests
> for that matter), we could then, e.g., normalize the times, as you
> suggest, or anyway, know the unit of time and act accordingly.

You know the unit of time from the top-level folder. MicroBenchmarks
is microseconds (because Google Benchmark reports microseconds),
everything is seconds.

That might be confusing when you don't know about it, but if you do
you there is no ambiguity.

Michael