[llvm-dev] Clang-12 fails build on MacOS

Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 19 11:43:11 PDT 2021

I never intended to leave it at the broken state for MacPort but I am leaning towards finding a correct solution while I suggest some feasible workaround for you.

Thank you!

But it seems that adding a custom target in CMake via add_custom_target() would fix the MacPort version, while staying harmless on the other platforms? Or am I missing something…?

Can you propose a patch for that? I will happily review and commit it for you.

Let me converse with Ken, who has the honor of suggesting this fix, and reply.

Offhand, it seems that somewhere (immediately) after this line

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/4c92e31dd0f1bd152eda883af20ff7fbcaa14945/compiler-rt/lib/builtins/CMakeLists.txt#L537

you’d need (something like)

add_custom_target(compiler-rt-asm ALL DEPENDS ${helper_asm})

Thanks!