[llvm-dev] [ThinLTO] Import functions to enable function specialization in ThinLTO

chuanqi.xcq via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 14 00:38:43 PDT 2021

Hi all,

Before I sent a mail to ask the opinion to how to import functions to enable function specialization in ThinLTO.
Maybe the question is too empty or the function specialization pass didn't get checked in at that time. So I didn't get responses.

Then now, the function specialization passes got checked in and I also made it a version in the downstream.
So I tried to update my patches. The first patch is to extract the analysis part of function specialization as an analysis pass.
(https://reviews.llvm.org/D105524).

And @sjoerd.meijer suggests that it may be better that I ping this thread with more infomation to make us confident we are
in the right direction.

Then I updated this one: https://reviews.llvm.org/D105966, which contains the detailed description and numbers.
Response in this thread or in that review page is fine to me either.

BTW, could any one suggest some people who are familiar with ThinLTO?

Thanks,
Chuanqi