[llvm-dev] MCAsmParser end-of-function API

David Greene via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 12 09:32:00 PDT 2021

AsmPrinter has an API emitFunctionBodyEnd that allows the target to emit
whatever it needs at the end of a function.  I cannot seem to find a
similar interface in MCAsmParser/AsmParser.  Did I miss it?  I have the
need to emit some tail padding at the end of a function, before the
func_end label.  I don't want to require users to emit the padding
themselves when they hand-write asm.  I suppose I could override
doBeforeLabelEmit and look for the func_end label but that sems hacky
and brittle.  There's no guarantee the user would include such a label.

                            -David