[llvm-dev] [RISC-V V] How to read each bit of vbool8_t individually

Craig Topper via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 8 20:41:27 PDT 2021

There aren't really any instructions for doing this in the ISA. Solutions I
can think of are rounding vl to the next multiple of 8 and storing it to a
uint8_t using vse8. Then reading it back by looping over the array and
looking at all 8 bits of each uint8_t. Or you could use vmerge to turn into
a vuint8m1_t vector of 1 and 0.

Perhaps if you shared your use case I might be able to come up with
something else.

~Craig