[llvm-dev] AddDiscriminatorsPass not in O0 pipeline under NPM

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 8 10:54:14 PDT 2021

Hi,

It seems that, under NPM, AddDiscriminatorsPass is not added into the O0 pipeline (buildO0DefaultPipeline). However, for legacy PM, the pass is in the O0 pipeline (need to specify -fdebug-info-for-profiling). It is hard to tell if it is intentional (https://reviews.llvm.org/D36040). So my question is does it make sense to support such configuration (for parity with legacy PM and completeness) or we leave it as is? Any specific use cases for that?

-thanks
Yuanfang