[llvm-dev] Address of instruction in codegen

David Greene via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 8 09:03:36 PDT 2021

Diogo Sampaio <dsampaio at kalray.eu> writes:

>>   Would a patch to fix the tail merging
>> issue be of interest?  As composed now I have it not allowing merging
> ? where a pre- or post-symbol differs but I can also imagine enhancements
>> to update uses of the symbol.

> Indeed having the symbol uses updated would be appreciated. In our
> downstream side I've also did preventing tail duplication, but that
> did have very negative effect in multiple scores.

We'd have to teach each pass how to do it, which obviously will take
some time.  Of course we'll have to teach each pass not to remove
post-instr-symbol instructions and that takes time too.  :)

Right now I just have a patch to BranchFolding that prevents tail
merging because that's all we've run into so far.

                         -David