[llvm-dev] LLVM + MASM (llvm-ml)

Martin Storsjö via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 1 13:26:34 PDT 2021

On Thu, 1 Jul 2021, Eric Astor wrote:

> Martin,
> I haven't actually seen the -win64 option for ML(64).EXE documented anywhere
> - have you? If we can find evidence of what it does for those, we'll of
> course match it.

Oh, sorry about that, it turns out that this was a flag I added myself in
my CMake configuration. ml(64).exe doesn't support it, but it's a uasm
flag (which is the tool I use for masm today) - I had forgotten about
setting that flag... Then it's trivial for me to change that flag into
-m64, or use tool name based switching like you suggested.

Sorry for the noise about this aspect.

> Back to the 64-bit build issues, though - I'll get back to checking on that
> soon, and see if I can track down the line in the .asm file that triggers
> that bug. Hopefully it won't be too tricky a fix!

Thanks!

// Martin