[llvm-dev] [RISCV] Status of LTO for RISC-V

Zakk via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 1 08:22:22 PDT 2021

Hi Noah
This year I have a new patch D102582 for enabling LTO in RISC-V.
D102582 changes the target-abi mismatched checking mechanism because allowing
the module flag in IR
to overwrite the empty target-abi options does not doable.

Then D71387 is used to enable LTO for RISC-V.

- Zakk

Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> 於 2021年6月27日 週日
下午5:57寫道:

> On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 at 16:07, Noah Hütter via llvm-dev
> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I wanted to use LTO with the rv32 target and stumbled upon some open
> > patches and wanted to ask what the status is on LTO for RISC-V?
> >
> > Related patches:
> >
> > [RISCV] enable LTO support, pass some options to linker.
> >   https://reviews.llvm.org/D67409
> > [WIP] TargetMachine Hook for Module Metadata
> >   https://reviews.llvm.org/D72624
> > pass -mabi to LTO linker only in RISC-V targets, enable RISC-V LTO
> >   https://reviews.llvm.org/D71387
> > [PoC][RISCV] enable LTO/ThinLTO on RISCV
> >   https://reviews.llvm.org/D78035
> >

> > If this is still WIP I would be happy to contribute.
>
> Hi Noah - to my knowledge nobody has been pushing this work forwards
> of late, so contributions would definitely be welcome.
>
> Best,
>
> Alex

Best regards,
Kuan-Hsu