[llvm-dev] RFC: Enzyme, Automatic Differentiation for LLVM as an LLVM Incubator Project

Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 27 10:51:53 PST 2021

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 4:05 AM Renato Golin <rengolin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 at 22:51, William Moses <wmoses at mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> Since it seems like all of the feedback here is positive, what would be
>> the next steps (migrate Enzyme mailing list to LLVM, create
>> discord/discourse, etc)?
>>

> I wouldn't worry about merging the lists too soon (very high traffic).
> MLIR has a separate channel and that seems to be working for them, you
> could follow their path at least for now.
>
> I couldn't find the code's license, but since you're working with MIT, I
> imagine it's compatible (and convertible) to the LLVM license. Everything
> else checks for me, including the migration plan towards the monorepo.
>
> Mehdi, does that answer your questions?

Yes, sorry I didn't follow up but William's answer was perfectly fine with
me.
First step will be to get a repo on github in the LLVM project, we can
setup a phabricator project to track it if needed (other incubator projects
are using pull-requests).
After that a subsection in the incubator category with the others there:
https://llvm.discourse.group and similar on Discord is fairly
straightforward.

> Should we look for more people to have a look and comment? Alex, perhaps
> mentioning on the weekly again next week to see if we get more people to
> look at it?

Yes that'd be great to have more people chime in and express some support
on this!