[llvm-dev] Question for Sphinx experts

James Henderson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 26 00:24:38 PST 2021

I think you need to scope the doc - there are similar issues in various of
the LLVM binutils tools. For example, both the llvm-readelf and
llvm-objdump docs describe the `--file-headers` options. The scoping you
need (I think) is the line at the top of these docs that looks something
like `.. program:: llvm-objdump`. Indeed, without that scoping, you can
potentially end up with docs linking to options described on other pages,
which is almost certainly not what you want.

(I'm not a Sphinx expert, but did help get the LLVM binutils docs to where
they are, and I think you're describing the problem this action solved)

James