[llvm-dev] Compiler hint for vectors.

Deepak Rajendrakumaran via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 22 18:48:35 PST 2021

Hello,

I'm thinking of adding 'llvm.assume' intrinsics into the IR as optimization
hints . It works great for scalar values. However I have a number of use
cases where I deal with vector conditions. Assuming I have '<8 x i1> %cond'

1. Is there an option other than looping and calling llvm.assume for each
scalar value?
2. Another open question is, if there any point in introducing the above
loop if that's the only option i.e, are the relevant optimizations likely
to kick in this way? p.s. I'll obviously check this out but it'll to good
to hear if anyone has any experience/opinion.

Regards,
Deepak