[llvm-dev] Git question about revert

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 21 10:50:01 PST 2021

Definite +1 to this - please include the full history of the patches
commit/reverts, and reasons for them. (eg: "originally committed as <hash>
reverted due to <buildbot info (link and quote ideally, the logs get
cleaned up so the link won't be around forever but the commit
message/quoted errors/etc will be)> recommitted as <hash> with <describe
the fix/pointing to particular source files/changes>, etc... " - I usually
do that in list form:
<hash> originally committed
<hash> reverted due to...
<hash> recommitted with fix...