[llvm-dev] Some questions re tracking LLD for Mach-O's performance using LNT

Jez via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 19 13:49:49 PST 2021

Hi,

I understand that the `link` test suite schema at https://lnt.llvm.org/ is
being used to record profiling results for LLD for ELF. I would like to do
the same with LLD's Mach-O implementation by running the profiling jobs on
an internal server & submitting the results to the public LNT instance. A
few questions:

1. I don't see the `link` schema under `schemas/` in the `lnt` repo. Where
can I find it?

2. Should I reuse the schema or create a new one? I expect that we can
stick to the same set of perf data fields, so reusing should be fine as
long as we create one more column to indicate whether we're running the ELF
or Mach-O suite.

3. I would also like to reuse the lld/utils/benchmark.py script. Currently,
it invokes the LLD for ELF process via a hard-coded name, so I would like
to make that configurable via a CLI flag. But that would involve updating
the current job on the `as-worker` machines to specify the ELF back-end.
Who owns those machines and would be able to do this update? (That said,
it's hardly a blocker, since I can still have the script default the ELF
backend for now.)

Thanks,
Jez