[llvm-dev] Deprecation of the LLVM SVN server

Nathan James via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 12 17:05:28 PST 2021

On Wed, 2020-12-09 at 15:01 -0800, Mike Edwards via llvm-dev wrote:
> Hi,
> This is just a friendly reminder of the upcoming deprecation and
> shutdown of the SVN server.  As announced during the last US
> Developers Conference, way back in 2019, the SVN server would remain
> in a read-only state for 1 year.  It has been more than a year now
> and it is time to let the server enjoy a well deserved retirement.
> We are planning on turning the service off on January 5th, 2021.
> Please plan accordingly if, for some reason, you are still reliant on
> the SVN service being available.  Thanks for your time and
> attention.  I hope you all are having a nice day and staying safe.
>
> Respectfully,
> Mike Edwards

Hi Mike,

Not sure if anyone else has brought this up, but since turning the svn
server off, phab is no longer able to display commit details for older
commits to the svn server.

https://reviews.llvm.org/rL202984
As an example, results in an error like this:
Command failed with error #1!
COMMAND
svn --non-interactive --no-auth-cache --trust-server-cert cat
https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/include/llvm/ADT/IntrusiveRefCntPtr.h@202983

STDOUT
(empty)

STDERR
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL '
https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/include/llvm/ADT/IntrusiveRefCntPtr.h'
svn: E175013: Access to '/svn/llvm-
project/llvm/trunk/include/llvm/ADT/IntrusiveRefCntPtr.h' forbidden

Im guessing this is an issue that needs solving on the phabricator side
of things?

~Nathan James