[llvm-dev] Question about setting the dialect in AsmPrinterInlineAsm.cpp

Anirudh Prasad via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 7 12:33:41 PST 2021

Hi All,

Re-replying back to my question. The original message didn't seem to get a lot of traction when I posted it. I have posted a Phabricator patch here (https://reviews.llvm.org/D94250) which details a bit of what I spoke about in the original message (i.e. providing a custom overridden implementation in SystemZAsmParser.cpp to return the MAI's assembler dialect and provided a comment as to why it is problematic to query the overridden getAssemblerDialect function in AsmParser).

If there are any objections to this please do let me know. Alternatively, if there's a much nicer/cleaner way of going about it, please do let me know as well.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Anirudh Prasad