[llvm-dev] Fwd: [Release-testers] LLVM 11.0.1-rc1 has been tagged

Chris Bowler via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 5 07:47:41 PST 2021

IBM has been working towards enabling LLVM development for AIX with the
LLVM community.  Currently, there are several OS header updates that IBM
needs to deploy with the OS in order to work correctly with clang.  I hope
to publish a package, which includes clang binaries for AIX so that
everyone has access to a build compiler for LLVM on AIX, though it's not
available yet.  If an early release of such a package would be useful to
you, please let me know and I'll see if I can cut some red tape and get you
something.  There are some significant limitations to these compilers.
These include challenges with functional exception handling, altivec, debug
support, and TLS, to name a few, nonetheless, we have been able to
bootstrap LLVM on AIX with some temporary downstream work.