[llvm-dev] New pass manager, documentation?

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 24 10:48:45 PST 2021

> For example, what is the rough equivalent to addPreISel() in the old one for running target specific passes shortly before instruction selection

Hello,

Code generation passes including target-specific IR passes (usually these specified in derived TargetPassConfig class) are not using the new pass manager.  I'm working on switching the code generation to use the new pass manager but it is not quite there yet. I guess we should document this fact in the new pass manager documentation because I think this question comes up once in a while.

- Yuanfang