[llvm-dev] Moving to a new machine

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 24 09:15:05 PST 2021

At 2/24/2021 03:56 AM, James Henderson wrote:
>Unless everything is installed in the same location, copying the CMakeCache.txt likely won't work, as it includes things like paths to compilers in it, if I remember rightly. I've used diffs to try to identify which variables I've set before, but in practice, I end up just memorizing the three or four variables I tend to change from the defaults.

Ah, another good point. Thanks, everyone, for your help with this.

While I've got you, one more question. I've cloned llvm_project on my new machine. I have only one branch that is interesting on my old machine. What is the safest way to bring the files committed on that branch over to the new machine and make a branch with them?