[llvm-dev] Buildbots building one revision at a time

Nemanja Ivanovic via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 24 04:37:26 PST 2021

Hi everyone,
the short version - can I make a bot skip a bunch of revisions even if it
is set up to build every revision?

TL; DR;
Since many of the PPC build bots were down for 8 days due to the winter
storm in Austin, TX, a large number of build requests have queued up. For
most of our bots, this isn't really an issue since they just pick up the
latest revision and make the jump.

However, our flang and mlir bots appear to be building a single revision at
a time. Even though each build takes under 10 minutes, it will take quite
some time for them to catch up on the few hundred requests. This appears to
be because they have 'collapseRequests': False in their configuration.
I would like to keep that behaviour, but hopefully there is an override for
special circumstances such as this. None of my attempts (Cancel whole queue
and Force Build on https://lab.llvm.org/buildbot/#/builders/88) have done
anything. Does someone know of a way to make these bots skip all these
build requests?