[llvm-dev] [RFC] Backend for Motorola 6800 series CPU (M68k)

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 17 22:17:50 PST 2021

Hi Min!

On 1/26/21 6:37 AM, Min-Yih Hsu wrote:
> and the project to bring Rust compiler — which uses LLVM under the hood — to M68k.

Just as a heads-up: Rust for m68k is working now using the M68k LLVM backend, my
Rust patches and some modifications by this user who managed to compile Rust code
to run on the Sega MegaDrive (which is also an m68k machine) [1].

That's really a huge step forward and I'm really happy to see that working.

Can't wait for the backend to be merged into LLVM so we can start working on Rust.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz at debian.org