[llvm-dev] Asm Parser vars extraction

Pietro D'Ettole via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 17 08:48:44 PST 2021

Hi,
I'll try to give you more context through an example.
What I need is to extract the value of a variable (aka a label) inside an
assembly file; for example given the following assembly (compiled with
armv7-a clang 10.0.0):

main:
        sub     sp, sp, #12
        mov     r2, #0
        str     r2, [sp, #8]
        str     r0, [sp, #4]
        str     r1, [sp]
        ldr     r0, .LCPI0_0
        ldr     r1, [r0, #4]
        ldr     r0, [r0, #8]
        mul     r2, r1, r0
        mov     r0, r2
        add     sp, sp, #12
        bx      lr
.LCPI0_0:
        .long   myvar
myvar:
        .long   0                       @ 0x0
        .long   1                       @ 0x1
        .long   2                       @ 0x2
        .long   3                       @ 0x3

As you can see there's a label, namely "myvar", which is a variable in the
C program. What I'm trying to achieve is, while parsing with the Asm
Parser, get the parsed value of "myvar" out of the asm file (i.e. get the
values of 0x0, 0x1, 0x2, 0x3). Is this possible?

Thanks a lot!

Mail
priva di virus. www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>