[llvm-dev] Extracting LocList address ranges from DWO .debug_info

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 15 22:09:43 PST 2021

This stuff is a bit ad-hoc at best.

I believe some of these APIs have been generalized enough to be usable
for your use-case, but it might be at a lower level - specifically I
think the loclist infrastructure is used by lldb when parsing DWARFv5.
But it might be used without some of the LLVM DWARF Unit abstractions
you're using. (those abstractions are used in llvm-dwarfdump - which
often isn't dealing with both .o and .dwo, but only dumping one of the
files & doing what it can (or sometimes dumping one file containing
both sets of sections, in which case it can do some address lookup,
etc, more conveniently))