[llvm-dev] LLVM ERROR: Broken module found, compilation aborted!

Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 12 12:35:03 PST 2021

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 11:18 AM Mohan Reddy via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> HI Team,
>

> One of our customer is facing the following error, could you please
> provide more information on this?
>

> Instruction does not dominate all uses!
>
>   %53 = icmp ugt i32 %47, %27
>
>   %50 = select i1 %53, i32 128, i32 8, !dbg !268
>
> LLVM ERROR: Broken module found, compilation aborted!

This indicates that an instruction is using a value produced by an
instruction later in the program, like if you write in C++:

foo(a);
int a = 0;

This can be introduced by a bug in a transformation (most likely) or by the
frontend directly.

You have to ask the vendor of your compiler though (it looks like it isn't
a vanilla LLVM).

Best,

--
Mehdi