[llvm-dev] Incorrect Structure of First Class Types in Reference Manual

Oliver Braunsdorf via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 12 02:44:59 PST 2021

Hello,

in the outline of the Language Reference Manual
(https://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html) some points under "Type System"
seem to be not correctly structured. Can I submit an issue or patch to
fix this?

It's about the "First-Class Types": I tried to get an understanding of
which types are first-class and which are not. From what I read and
understood, I think Label Type, Token Type, Metadata Type and Aggregate
Types are not first-class. However, in the outline they are childs of
"First Class Types" which could confuse people - at least me.

If my understanding of first class types is wrong, please correct me.

Kind regards,
Oliver
--
Oliver Braunsdorf, M.Sc.
Department Secure Operating Systems

Lichtenbergstraße 11, 85748 Garching near Munich, Germany
tel:+49-89-3229986-161
mailto:oliver.braunsdorf at aisec.fraunhofer.de
http://www.aisec.fraunhofer.de