[llvm-dev] Repeated names for architecture, aarch64 and arm64, needed in XFail list

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 10 05:47:59 PST 2021

XFAIL doesn't do anything sophisticated, it's just a substring match
on the triple.  That's why it didn't work.

I ran into something similar at one point, though. There's a test
somewhere (which I'm too lazy to look up right now) that has both
'arm' and 'arm64' triples in it; and this doesn't work if you have
enabled ARM but not AARCH64.

Moving the arm64 RUN line to an aarch64-equivalent test... didn't work.
Somewhere in the commit history you can see my attempt to deal with it
and the fairly quick revert.  The problem wasn't annoying enough to be
worth digging deeper, but it would be nice to know what's going on.
--paulr