[llvm-dev] Buildbot worker security

Nigel Perks via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 1 03:59:12 PST 2021

We are looking into creating an LLVM buildbot worker, to build and test with XCore as the default target.

I understand the process in [1]. I have a worker building correctly under a local master.

Can we authenticate lab.llvm.org when the worker connects? That is, can we be sure we are connecting to the real master, and not to something that will send malicious commands? Can we use the --use-tls option or equivalent [2]? I haven't seen authentication mentioned or found "tls" in zorg files.

Thanks,

Nigel

[1] https://llvm.org/docs/HowToAddABuilder.html
[2] http://docs.buildbot.net/current/manual/installation/worker.html#cmdoption-buildbot-worker-create-worker-use-tls