[llvm-dev] broken C code only when optimized "-O2"

Sterling Augustine via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 21 09:31:54 PST 2021

The thing to do with problems like this is to run with clang's sanitizers,
which diagnose undefined behavior, memory errors, and other such issues
that often show up only under optimization. A cursory look at all the
casting in this example makes me think there is undefined behavior, but
there very well could be another type of failure.

https://clang.llvm.org/docs/UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer.html
https://clang.llvm.org/docs/AddressSanitizer.html
https://clang.llvm.org/docs/MemorySanitizer.html