[llvm-dev] [Support][Debuginfod] Can't find curl/curl.h include...

Kevin Neal via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 6 12:53:57 PST 2021

I've got a build failure now that we're using curl. I'm on FreeBSD 11.1 using its clang.

What I'm seeing is that during the configure stage this gets printed:
-- Found CURL: /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so (found version "7.54.1")

But the curl/curl.h include file is located in /usr/local/include which is _not_ in the list of paths FreeBSD's clang checks by default. The result is a failure to find the include.

I don't know what the right solution is and I don't know cmake. Perhaps making sure that "/usr/local/lib/../include" gets a "-I" flag to the clang build since that /lib/ directory is where libcurl.so was found?

--
Kevin P. Neal
SAS/C and SAS/C++ Compiler