[llvm-dev] [Openmp-dev] Bugzilla migration is stopped again

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 6 01:45:19 PST 2021

Roman,

> I also suggested that, but the thing that apparently throws the wrench
> at that is that (as per @aKor's previous mail), the bugzilla issues id's
> aren't consecutive, there are gaps, so just importing into a clean repo
> (even without having to worry about moving issues into a new repo)
> still won't result in 1:1 match to bugzilla issue id's.
The import to empty repo preserves the ids (like on our bugzilla
archive). Though new issues / pull requests will re-use spare id's, so
we'll need to pad for this as well.

The real issue is other parts of the repo which are not code / issues.

> It would have been nice to know this beforehand. This means that missing issue id's would need to
> be padded with empty issues.
See above. It's not a problem

PS: I do have a backup copy of bugzilla archive repo on GitHub. So
importing + renaming is essentially a matter of "git push" +
recreation of all releases. But for the releases I'd certainly
appreciate Tom's opinion.
--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University