[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Bugzilla migration is stopped again

MyDeveloper Day via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 6 00:33:44 PST 2021

Trying to think of a solution that might help while we wait for github.

1) Can't we calculate in advance the eventual ID of each issue. can't we
determine that bugzilla PR12345 =  GH12345 + (some offset caused by
previous issues in GH)?  - (assuming we always import in the same order,
oldest first 1 at a time)
2) Could you build up this mapping a priori?
3) Could you then spin through the bugzilla issues prior to migration
(assuming they are in some form you can manipulate, JSON, XML, TXT?)
etc...programatically changing the links to what they ultimately will be
before doing the migration?
4) Then import that into the github (new bugzilla-archive)
5) then copy those issues from one repo to another?
6) Assuming all ducks are lined up correctly wouldn't these broken links
now seemingly point to the correct links?

Is that something that might be worth a try? or do you do this already and
GH is messing it up?

MyDeveloperDay.