[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Bugzilla migration is stopped again

James Dutton via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 4 03:18:40 PST 2021

On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 at 00:54, Nemanja Ivanovic via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> This may be a dumb question, but could this just be an issue of forward references (i.e. issue A references B, but B has not been transferred yet so doesn't exist)?
> If so, could the transfer be split into a two step process:
> 1. Open all issues with summaries only
> 2. Populate description, comments, labels, etc.
>
> Please note that I have no idea how any of this GitHub or Bugzilla stuff works, so this suggestion may be completely absurd.

This would seem like a sensible approach to me.
I have worked with many different graph databases, and it is quite
normal to load the nodes or entities first, and then add the
relationships or links second.
Maybe one can add all the bugs first, without any relationships/links.
Then build up a map of github IDs vs bugzilla IDs, and then use that
map to then add all the relationships afterwards using the learnt
bugzilla IDs.
Or, alternatively, use your current method, and then scan over
everything at the end, to add in any relationships that got missed
using the above approach.

Kind Regards

James