[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Status of Bugzilla Migration

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 2 11:18:55 PST 2021

Hello Arthur,

> FWIW, "20 hours" or "11 hours" or "three days" is like nothing, compared to what the migration has already been doing. If it only requires taking Bugzilla down for 24 hours to do it, IMO you should just do it already — whatever "it" is.
Well, it's for single sweep. So, if we'd need to do this, say 5 times,
then everything starts to be very interesting.

> Also, re timestamps: The choices seem to be
> - Wait for GitHub to offer us some way of importing timestamps, then do the migration; or
> - Do the migration, then wait for GitHub to offer us some way of retroactively changing some of the timestamps.
> Neither is perfect, but the latter is clearly better for LLVM's purposes.
Not the timestamps, the labels. And note that there is nothing in
general that could be done in GitHub retroactively. At least for us as
I've been told. If this would be possible we'd simply import into an
empty repo, add git repo, add releases (dating them into the past) and
we're done...

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University