[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Status of Bugzilla Migration

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 2 09:34:10 PST 2021

Reid,

> I also think we can wait a day to get labels on the migrated issues. I think my bigger concern with the rate-limited APIs is that it's hard to test scripts that take 20 hours to run, so there is some risk that the label migration script fails or mislabels issues. Still, I would just hope for the best here. It's not critical to get labels on old issues on day 1. Maybe one way to deal with this is to apply labels to recently modified issues first.
I think we need to apply labels in chronological order. E.g. first
apply the labels to the issues that were last modified far away from
now. In such cases we at least will have the sorting in the proper
order. I definitely have the creation time of each issue, but not sure
about the last modification timestamp (there is a timestamp when the
issue is closed, so at least for some issues we do have such timestamp
at hand).

Another thing that I need to check is how everything works after the
migration. I do have labels for each issue in the archive. However,
after the migration it won't be there anymore. So, an additional
question is whether API requests will be redirected or I will need to
build the mapping first. Given the rate limit of 5k requests per hour,
the complete sweep over all issues will take 11 hours.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University